Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Ultimate Warrior Dies After His Return To WWE


I first looked on Twitter and was seeing #RIPUltimateWarrior my first honest reaction was what a sick twitter prank. I would moments later realize it was no joke and the man I watched on Raw less than 24 hours later was gone. The man that WWE had finally come together with after years in exile was honoured by them this weekend in New Orleans at the WWE Hall of Fame.

Here is the text of the Promo he cut last night on Raw:

“No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man’s heart on day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe a final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse though the body of others and makes them bleed. Deeper and something larger than life then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized. By the story tellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him and make the running man live forever. You…You…You…You…You are the legend makers of Ultimate Warrior. In the back I see many potential legends. Some of them with warrior spirits. And you will do the same for them. You will decide if they lived with the passion and intensity. So much so that you will tell your stories and you will make them legends, as well. Ultimate. You are the Ultimate Warriors fans. And the spirit of the Ultimate Warrior will run forever.”

It kind of creeps you out and makes you wonder if maybe the warrior wasn’t as crazy as he sometime appeared to be. I can’t lie and tell you I was a warrior fan or that I even liked this guy. I didn’t and said so in a blog I wrote not that long ago. Still I can’t help but think of those two young girls of his that walked him out for his induction speech. His young daughters don’t care what I think or anyone from wrestling thinks they just lost their father.

I feel sad for them and sad for all of his fans and the people that he inspired. I know when Randy Savage died a few years ago I was completely devastated. He was my childhood hero as the Warrior was from millions.

It is a sad story and ironic ending to one of the strangest personalities the wrestling business has ever known. Perhaps it wasn’t sad for him though as he got to realize how much many felt about him and got to express his gratitude for that.

Wrestling was stunned on Sunday by a shocking worked angle with the Undertaker’s Streak coming to an end. Now on Tuesday night the same sense of shock but this time for a real life event that was far more tragic.

The Warrior in his last days may have found a way to find peace with his career. May he rest in peace and much love and sympathy to his family and all of his fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment