Friday, November 28, 2014

WWE TLC 2014 Preview



Well for those who don't know, we're 16 days from the 6th annual WWE TLC PPV on December 14th on the WWE Network, but like Alberto Del Rio would use to say, you already knew that. One of the things that stood out to me was besides the previously announced Dean Ambrose/Bray Wyatt TLC Match, there was nothing else announced for TLC especially with the PPV coming up in three weeks. When you at WWE TLC on paper, it's usually a PPV that alot of people don't care about, but in essence the WWE TLC PPV has been one of the most anticipated gimmick PPV's in the calendar year. The WWE TLC PPV has gave us alot of great matches over the last 6 years for example, The Shield vs. Team Hell No & Ryback (2012), John Cena vs. Dolph Ziggler (2012), CM Punk vs. The Miz vs. Alberto Del Rio (2011), Edge vs. Kane vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio (2010), and Jeri-Show vs DX (2009). If the WWE is not going to give you a preview as to what you can expect to see at TLC, I will.

1.) Tables, Ladders and Chairs Match 
Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt

I love how alot of these "smart" fans are losing their minds over the fact that we need a immediate pay-off in a feud that started five weeks ago. I mean seriously calm down, you want to know why WWE storylines are "hot shot" or never have the proper build, well one the company is insecure and secondly you fans don't give it a chance. I don't know why you would want a decisive finish to a Bray Wyatt/Dean Ambrose match when the next second if either Bray or Dean loses you're going to say that he's getting buried. Don't tell me that you don't think like that. I for one have loved what they've done with feud because, it's different they're taking their time with this, I like the deep storytelling aspect of it and yea call it a cheap plug or whatever snarky comment you will have whenever Dean Ambrose is on a match on Raw and then after the match somebody is covered with Tables, Ladders and Chairs. I like the fact that they really haven't touched that much because I rather wait for the moment then have it spoiled on a random Monday Night Raw because I don't have paitence for anything. You want the physicality in this match, you'll get it I guarantee it. HAVE SOME PAITENCE PEOPLE! One second you're saying "Oh why don't they take the proper time to build this feud, while they're are taking their time" and then the next day you'll say "Oh can this feud finish already because it's hasn't done anything for either Bray or Dean." How you know that? Take a chill pill, sit back and enjoy these two hungry superstars put on a tremendous performance.

2.) Chairs Match 
Ryback vs. Kane

"FEED ME MORE! "FEED ME MORE!" "FEED ME MORE!" You know what, I will take the heat oh well, I'm a Ryback guy and I will always be a Ryback guy. I heard what Punk had to say about him during the podcast and it's unfortunate, but just pointing the finger to just Ryback for CM Punk leaving the WWE is kind of childish and shows you how people can be sheep when they hear something derogatory like the sheep they'll bow down and listen to what that person has to say and believe and it's gods truth. I thought Ryback handle that situation as a pro, mind you I'm a real CM Punk fan and he's my favorite wrestler, but it was only one side of the story is all I'm trying to say. Ryback just like Punk has had many roadblocks put infront of him especially with him being a Tough Enough guy, then going back and forth through developmental, his run in 2012 where he was labeled dangerous and etc. Nobody is perfect and yes Ryback has its flaw, but just like anybody else you learned from your mistakes and grow from it. I don't mind this match because you know what, Kane and Ryback work well with each other. Plus this gives Ryback an opportunity to make himself standout performer with his comedic personality and I'm all for that. As far as Kane is concern, I think Mania 31 will be Kane's last WrestleMania, I think he's had a tremendous career and seriously underappreciated and he's a legend in my eyes.

3.) WWE Divas Championship Match
Nikki Bella (c) w/Brie Bella vs. AJ Lee

Man talk about art imitating life, in the same building where her husband left professional wrestling, AJ Lee may be competiting in her final WWE match which is really unfortunate. If this is the last time she will be in a WWE ring, I really hope she does come back that girl has so much going for her, but to me her career is now an asterisk via her association with Punk. This also puts Nikki Bella in a rough situation because for me personally every time I see Nikki Bella on the television she just got this expression on her face like "Oh John Can You Tell Vince To Let Me Win?" I hope that's not true because I feel like both her and Brie have worked hard to get better in the ring despite who their romantic partner is. I think both these ladies will be looking to put on a good performance and if this is AJ's last match in the WWE for the forseable future hopefully she gives everything she can before she leaves.

4.) WWE United States Championship Match 
Rusev (c) w/Lana vs. Jack Swagger w/Zeb Colter

I get it, "Why is this match happening?"Why not? It's a one time thing you have a gimmick PPV here this won't be another three-four month feud. If you have nothing to do with Rusev for TLC that's fine put him up with someone he has experience with. This is also gives Swagger another opportunity to redeem himself after being laid out from The Authority. I've enjoyed the Rusev/Swagger matches they got good chemistry in the ring and thats all that matters to me, if the storyline ain't the greatest thing in the world, but if they can perform in the ring that's why we watched wrestling right? Even though Rusev would retain his championship I kind of look at this match like a best of 2014 feud type of the match well maybe best of the 2014 WWE Mid-Card. I'm sure alot of people will be indifferent in this match, but it works perfectly for both of these guys at the end of the day.

5.) WWE Intercontinental Championship Match 
Luke Harper (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

While I may feel the only one thats feel that this PPV can have alot of good in-ring matches, for those internet fans this one for sure will tickel your fancy. I'm not sure if this will be a Ladder Match, I personally don't think it has to be a gimmick style of match. What makes this match really interesting is not only the great in-ring work that we'll see in this match, but also the fact that this match is in Ziggler's hometown of Cleveland, Ohio. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Ziggler regaining the IC strap in this one because honestly I don't see Dolph main eventing Mania this year, but still with all this momentum he's been gaining over the last 5 weeks this gives a perfect opportunity for both Harper and Ziggler to shine before 2015. So I'm rooting for Dolph to win the title in his hometown, Harper is such a unique talent and with him being a heel I don't think Harper gets affected negatively if he loses the title. I really do hope this match happens.

6.) WWE Tag Team Championship Match 
The Miz & Damien Mizdow (c) vs. The Ascension

With rumors of the group of Damien Mizdow and Miz splitting up with WrestleMania season coming up and them being heels reminding you, I think a good way to start building tensions between Sandow and Miz the right way is to have the upcoming stars The Ascension from NXT make their debut at TLC and win the WWE Tag Team Championship. The Ascension will be taking on Hideo Itami and Finn Balor at NXT [R] Evolution. I'm just throwing this out there, who knows maybe Miz & Mizdow will defend their titles against The Usos or the Dust Brothers again, I'm not sure. Yet again maybe this match doesn't happen and you see the new stable The New Day go after the Tag Team Titles. I think it will be cool to have a new team from NXT make an major impact on the main roster before 2015 begins.

7.) Tables Match 
The Big Show vs. Erick Rowan

I'm probably throwing this match out there too quickly and before you know it you see match go on Monday Night Raw next week and the match will end by countout or disqualification. I think the pairing of these two are interesting I prefer Show in the ring as a heel and I'm willing to give Rowan a chance with this "Groot" from the Guardians of the Galaxy movie gimmick a chance. Kind of cool that the WWE are using some of these elements with their superstars. Will it be a earth shattering Tables Match? Probably not, will it be a 15 minute stalworth brawl I don't think so and nor it should be. I think this decision was the right one as opposed to seeing John Cena vs. Big Show once again. Give Rowan an opportunity to stand out as he tries to replenish his career after leaving The Wyatt Family. You have a young guy like Rowan pickup a big victory to add to his resume, say what you want about the Big Show, but he's a wrestling legend and he deserves the respect of every wrestling fan for being the most unique big man in professional wrestling since Andre the Giant despite his 30 heel/face turns I really don't blame because you know why? He cares and he wants to do something different instead of doing same thing over and over again, so I respect Big Show from the point of view. Not alot of people will be interested, but as opposed to the smarks fan that only pay attention to stars the IWC wants to them to support I want to see good things happen for Rowan and every young superstar in the WWE.

8.) TLC Match 
John Cena vs. Seth Rollins

After this past week's Monday Night Raw, I got the assumption that we'll finally get the one-on-one match of John Cena vs. Seth Rollins that was supposed to happen three months ago after Rollins cost Cena the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at Night of Champions. In WWE many ways to make John Cena "the greatest of all-time" unfortunately, Rollins will be on wrong side of the table of this and I know alot of people will be upset about this match and I'm just for warning you guys that this match will happen before they announce on the "Cyber Monday" edition of Raw. Now you ask me how can you have a TLC match when John Cena's already the number one contender to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Well, I think two things can happen here. One, they can use the same format they did in that 6-Man TLC match between Ryback & Team Hell No vs. The Shield where the only way you can win is by pinfall or submission. Secondly, Cena can put up the stipulation that if Rollins wins, The Authority will regain their power from John Cena. Heading towards the Royal Rumble, we'll see Brock Lesnar at the Slammy Awards on the go-home show to TLC and that will start the build to their Royal Rumble match. This is the best case scneario for both guys in this match. I don't think Rollins will be buried if they lose the match like alot of people will say I can already hear it right now. I look at this match and it reminds me of Cena vs. Ziggler from TLC 2012 and that gives me hope that this match will be good. Obviously Cena would go over in this match and we'll see where Rollins goes after TLC with both Randy Orton and Roman Reigns making their returns and have their eyes set on Mr. Money in the Bank.

Here's my preview for WWE TLC 2014. I'm not sure if this will be the official card for the PPV, but from what I seen on the television this is what I expect to see on the show. If you agree or disagree with the card, comment below on this article and tell me what would you guys like to see go down at WWE TLC?

Follow Me on Twitter @JoshLopezCSR

No comments:

Post a Comment