Monday, March 2, 2015

5 Things To Expect on WWE Monday Night Raw 3/2/15



"Can you avenge evil with becoming it? If you are good at something never do it for free." Welcome to this week's WWE Monday Night Raw preview for Monday March 2nd, 2015. I'm Joshua Lopez from the Pro Wrestling Experience and it's been a fun challenge so far getting to write these pieces and seeing the feedback it gets is really humbling. We're still on the road to WrestleMania 31 and the next stop is in Newark, New Jersey in the Prudential Center! Last week Randy Orton played posse with The Authority, Rusev denied John Cena challenge, Triple H went slient, Reigns sent a message to Brock Lesnar, Brock walked out of Raw, AJ called out Stephanie, Now people want to #GiveDivasAChance and now we have a multiple person ladder match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship at WrestleMania. Here's five things you can expect on tonight's Monday Night Raw.

1.) The Authority/Randy Orton  

It was nice seeing The Viper return to WWE television last week. I felt that WWE took way too long for Orton to come back, but I understood the purpose as to why The Authority wanted Orton back and he hasn't striked back at the Authority. Orton went to a business summit last week where Stephanie McMahon wanted him to be back with the Authority and work out his issues with Seth Rollins. Orton & Rollins took on Reigns & Bryan in a very good tag team main event last week and just when you think that Orton was going to lose his mind he shakes Rollins hand and continues to play mind games with Rollins & The Authority. It was a good week to be Seth Rollins coming out of the recent social media controversy that happen a couple weeks ago. Rollins made an appearance on Jon Stewart's "Daily Show" last Thursday and invited the long-time comedian to tonight's Monday Night Raw. I think it's obvious that Rollins will take on Orton at WrestleMania, but here's the thing. When does Orton turn? Do you hold off the turn until the second to last Raw before WrestleMania and continue to play posse and tease and tease? Far as tonight is concern if we do see Jon Stewart I think it will be pretty cool because I am of fan of his! I think we can see Seth Rollins vs. Ryback or Erick Rowan. I think The Authority will try to calm down Randy and continue to patronize him and we may see him against Dolph Ziggler tonight. Tonight is the night you will see Randy Orton finally make his turn. 

2.) John Cena vs. Rusev ?

Haven't had a chance to talk about this here on the site, but I really enjoyed the match between John Cena & Rusev at WWE Fast Lane. Match far exceeded my expectations and that match really put Rusev on the map. Rusev continues to shine in his promo's and his in-ring work each week and he's positioning himself to become one of the best heels in the WWE over the last ten years. Last week on Raw Cena said that he lost the match, but he said he wants to beat Rusev on the grandest stage of them all. Rusev denied Cena request which I approved with finally somebody says no you lost the match who are you to think your entitled to get everything you want? This is the standard WWE feud and it's the best thing for both guys right now. One of the cool things with this year's WrestleMania this is actually the first WrestleMania in many years where it's clear spotlight on the current and younger talent in the WWE. You know it's a big deal when John Cena is not main eventing a WrestleMania and at the same time pinning these two guys together totally puts a major spotlight on the United States Championship. Rusev deny John Cena request, but how does John Cena get what he wants? Can you see John Cena vs Luke Harper or maybe John Cena takes on one of The Authority's hench men or maybe we see John Cena vs Jack Swagger. John Cena has rarely wrestled on Raw over the last couple of months and it's going to be interesting to see how does John Cena get's this rematch with Rusev at WrestleMania. Is someone also included in this match?

3.) Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns?

Now you may wonder why I put another question mark in this bullet point. We'll probably see John Cena vs Rusev, but we aren't sure if we'll see the main event of WrestleMania. Brock Lesnar walked out of Monday Night Raw last week due to circumstances that is not known right now. I don't bother with rumors or speculation nonsense, but I'll say this. If you didn't want to be here? Why ask for a title run in your contract? I didn't want Brock Lesnar to win the title at SummerSlam because I knew something like this would've happen. I thought it would have been better business for Brock to win the title at the Royal Rumble and have a shorter run then drop it at WrestleMania. Brock has held the WWE title hostage and it's been very frustrating to be honest with you. When the subject of Brock Lesnar comes up, it's never about him being the WWE World Heavyweight Champion it's about MMA and the UFC. I respect MMA I have no problem with it, but what bothers me is that Brock's run as champion has been about him leaving the WWE after WrestleMania and going back to UFC. Go ahead Brock do your thing you don't care about professional wrestling you never did, but was it the right choice to have Brock break The Undertaker streak and the only thing you get out of it is the fans talking about UFC more than the WWE and that's a problem. I like Roman Reigns go ahead crucify me, I followed this guy work in college football and has been shoved down people thoart it's a subjective topic because people only have a problem with that mindset if it's with a guy who they don't like. Is he ready? Honestly was anybody ever ready? I want Roman to succeed because he wants to be there and I appreciate that more than someone who thinks about himself and MMA 24/7. I'm not watching WWE for MMA you want MMA stuff go watch Fox Sports 1 or get the UFC fight pass. Roman Reigns will prove his detractors wrong and I think these two guys can have a good match. I think Brock showing up at the UFC 184 PPV was a legit spit to the face to not only WWE, but also every single wrestling fan. As far as tonight is concern I think that we'll see Roman vs The Miz. Paul Heyman said that he has a message for Roman Reigns, so that should be interesting. 

4.) Triple H vs Sting 

I want you guys to check out the video down below which I thought was great work from the WWE. It's a interview with Michael Cole, Michael PS Hayes and Arn Anderson. It's great display of storytelling. Tonight we'll get to learn more about the man called Sting and I wonder if Hunter is actually going to speak this week. Triple H was radio silent last week on Raw and it's going to be interesting to see how Triple H reacts to being embarassed again by "The Vigilante" Sting for the fourth time.


5.) IC Title Shenangians 

It was great finding out on Friday that the Intercontinental Championship will not only be defended at WrestleMania, but it will be defended in a Ladder Match. I think that's a great added a bonus and very nice treat to hardcore wrestling fans and I'm pretty sure that this match will open and could steal the show. Bad News Barrett had a pretty rough week he lost to Dolph Ziggler on Raw and then he lost to Daniel Bryan on SmackDown and his title was robbed by R-Truth. I've been happy that R-Truth has been added in this title picture because he's going out of his way to show hey I'm here I deserve a title shot whether people like it or not. I don't think that Daniel Bryan will be in this match, but it did say that this match is a multiple person ladder match. Tonight we can possibly see Bad News Barrett vs R-Truth and Dean Ambrose vs Dolph Ziggler. Either way I'm happy that the IC Title will get big spotlight on WrestleMania and I'm interested to seeing who's added into this match. 

It was reported that AJ Lee and Sheamus will make their WWE returns tonight. I think that we'll find out who else is added to the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. Look to see more tension growing between Miz & Mizdow and also we'll have a rematch from Fast Lane added to WrestleMania where Tyson Kidd & Cesaro take on The Usos or maybe The Ascension add their hats to this title feud at WrestleMania. If AJ's back I think we'll see either a fatal four way for the Divas Championship or we'll see AJ Lee & Paige vs The Bella Twins at WrestleMania. Will we get conformation that Sheamus will take on Daniel Bryan because if that happens I'll mark out because I'm a big fan of Sheamus and love to see a heel turn from Sheamus. Also WWE said that a female will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2015. I think it may be Victoria or Alundra Blayze.

Hope you guys enjoyed this week's WWE Monday Night Raw Preview 

I'm at Twitter @VoiceOfTruth94 

Check out my wrestling radio show "The Pro Wrestling Experience" on Chicagolandsportsradio.com every Wednesdays from 10am-1pm CT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment