Monday, July 27, 2015

5 Things To Expect on WWE Monday Night Raw 7/27/15



Welcome to this week's Monday Night Raw preview brought to you by Condo On The Moon. We're on the road to SummerSlam and despite what's going on with Mr. Boella, we're going to take the high road on that topic and give you a clear perspective on what you can see on tonight's episode of Monday Night Raw from Oklahoma City. The Lesnar & Taker program has started on a high note and both stars gave you a great demo as to what you may see on August 23rd. Lot's to get to, so let's see the five things I expect to see on tonight's WWE Raw from the home of the Oklahoma City Thunder.

1.) The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar + Paul Heyman Promo's 



There was a bit of hesitation from the fans when it came to another round of a Lesnar and Taker program, but from what I saw with the pull apart on last week's Raw, everybody is hooked. Paul Heyman planted the seeds on the background behind this feud. Paul Heyman had another great line where he said that "You can sell your soul to the devil, but your ass belongs to Brock Lesnar." I don't think there's heel or face dynamic in this program cause it remnids me alot of Rock vs. Austin at WrestleMania 17 in the fact that it's a PERSONAL ISSUE and Taker is in Austin's position where he needs to get his revenge on Lesnar and take his yard back. Both guys are not advertised for tonight's Raw which I don't have a problem with. The video above was flimed at the WWE Headquarters at Stamford, Connecticut. So when Lesnar and Taker are not Raw you can expect Paul Heyman to basically continue to sell the match to you the fans. I think it will be live via Satellite, but who knows maybe Heyman shows up in OKC tonight. It would be nice to see Heyman bring up how The Undertaker has plowed through so many legends in the wrestling business, but he's never conquered Brock Lesnar.

2.) John Cena vs. Seth Rollins "Champ vs. Champ" ?



Coming off last week's Raw it seems like Seth Rollins will be defending his WWE World Heavyweight Championship at SummerSlam against WWE United States Champion John Cena. Rollins was basically rubbing in the fans face in one of his better heel promo's that you guys doubted me and I survived Suplex City and I'm still the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. For some reason Cena came out and pull out his heel tactics whenever he wants to get the WWE Championship back. When you see this on paper you see the behind the scenes coming into this storyline because it's known that ratings haven't been that high over the past couple of months and people may assume that the WWE is blaming Rollins for that, but you can't blame him because I think he's been one of the best heel champions since CM Punk. From this standpoint I think Cena has had one of the best year's of his career and I think he and Rollins can have a great match, but my thing is every since WrestleMania has talked about how the US Championship is the symbol of excellence. Now Cena want's the WWE Title? Yea I guess it's not a bad marketing idea to have a Champion vs. Champion match at SummerSlam, but would you want Rollins title reign to end in a span of a month to John Cena? I think tonight we may see another promo where Cena tries to act like he's above Rollins. As far as matches are concern I think we'll see Seth Rollins vs. Cesaro and John Cena will have another US Open Challenge.

3.) What's next for Kevin Owens? 


If you didn't see last week's SmackDown you missed a good one. Let me say this and I know there's alot of people who think that the WWE is going to bury Kevin Owens because he lost a feud to John Cena. I just don't see it that way. He's not a jobber and yea he'll do mid-card stuff for awhile, but I don't think Owens should be in the main event scene already. Owens is going to be there for a long time, so why would you want him to be in the main event of every show and WrestleMania in his first year on the main roster. On SmackDown the seeds were planted for the Kevin Owens/Cesaro match. Cesaro basically was talking about how he always deliver and Owens made fun of him and then Cesaro reminded everybody how basically Kevin walks out of all of his matches. Owens laid out Cesaro after his match with Seth Rollins. I think this feud is great for both guys and we'll need to see more character development with both guys, I mean we all know that Cesaro and Owens are great wrestlers, but what's their next for their characters? I do think Owens and Cesaro will brawl tonight and it will be official that Owens will take on Cesaro at SummerSlam.

4.) SummerSlam Mid-Card Matches 



I think we'll see the three way match for the Intercontinental Championship with Ryback, Big Show and Miz. I think we'll see one more match with The New Day and Prime Time Players and New Day will continue to interfere in the PTP matches until they get another opportunity at the tag straps. Even then maybe tonight we'll see New Day vs. Lucha Dragons in a Number One Contender's Match. Stardust vs. Neville is happening and I'm loving the comic book stuff they are doing with this storyline. I think we may see the mixed tag team match with Dolph Ziggler & Lana vs. Rusev & Summer Rae. Orton/Sheamus? Maybe? I think tonight could be a good implication on what other matches will be on SummerSlam besides Taker/Lesnar and Cena/Rollins. I mean hell we can see Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose vs. The Wyatt Family in a No DQ Match. Lot's of questions and excited to see what they bring to the table tonight.


5.) Divas Running Wild 



The Divas revolution segments have been dominating WWE programming over the past couple of weeks. I think for tonight it would be nice to see Paige vs. Sasha Banks and then later on the show if they want to do another divas match you can do The Bella Twins vs. Charlotte & Becky Lynch. I think it's also important to establish at least where we going as far as the Divas Championship is concern. I know that Nikki has been banged up for awhile, but we'll need to know if Nikki will be defending her championship at the second biggest show of the year.

Thanks for checking out this week's Raw preview. I hope you enjoyed it. Enjoy Raw

You can follow me on Twitter @JoshLopezCSR

Check out my radio show the Pro Wrestling Experience every Wednesdays from 11am-2pm ET on Chicagolandsportsradio.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment